Cal South COVID-19 Advisory
We are excited to announce that Youth Sports Camps and/or Limited Individual Drills and Practices are approved to return to San Diego, which means we can get our kids back on the fields! We are making every effort to resume limited trainings next week that follow all County Health protocols. Your coach will reach out shortly with additional information including your practice day and time.
Our priority is the safety of our players. All safety protocols are guided by Cal South’s Return to Play Guidelines and the County of San Diego Youth Sports Safety plan.
We want to reinforce the following regarding our return to Phase 1 of our training sessions:
1. These are VOLUNTARY, there is no pressure to attend, and your decisions will have no bearing on your status on the team.
2. All players, coaches, and staff will follow strict safety guidelines including:
- Players will be organized in groups of 12. These groups will not intermix with other groups. Play will be focused on individual training and fitness.
- Each group of 12 will be socially distanced, and within each group of 12, we will strive towards social distancing at all times.
- One group of 12 will leave a specific area of the facility before the next group enters the fields so it is imperative that you are on time for your training slot.
- Players will be required to bring their own ball and water and will not share equipment.
- Players must come to practice ready to train with cleats on.
- Restrooms will be CLOSED so please make sure your child has gone to the restroom prior to attending practice.
- Players will be health checked before each session and must sanitize their hands before and after practice.
- All LJYSL staff will wear masks at all times.
3. For the first two weeks, we are requiring parents to remain in their cars or away from the facility during training hours, which will allow us to focus on the kids' safety in this new environment. Parents are NOT allowed on the field. We are working on drop off/pick up procedures and will communicate this information shortly. Carpooling with friends is not allowed in this initial phase of training.
Cal South REQUIRES that each family review the Cal South COVID-19 Prevention and Response Protocols: https://3e1alu1z54vg1p3lhbgsp1qz-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/CSTF-RTP-CS-Protocols.pdf
In addition, Cal South mandates that players CANNOT attend the training sessions until they sign the Cal South Waiver/Release for Communicable Diseases including COVID-19: https://calsouth.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/CSTF-RTP-Waiver-Participants-Final.pdf
There are two ways to submit the waiver:
1) Print out and sign the waiver and bring to your first training session.
2) Log into your Cal South Account
- On your account, click the "Applications" tab
- Find the 2020-2021 Fall Season and click the "Legal Agreements" link
- A pop-up should show on the screen with two documents for you to initial
- Click initial and accept on both agreements (two separate initials) and you are all done!
Players will not be able to participate if the waiver is not submitted!
We are looking forward to returning to the field in a fun, safe manner for all of our players! Thank you for your support!